Minimizing imaging time has been our core priority for the past 10 years. With this idea in mind, we have created Atola TaskForce, a forensic imager with unbeatable capabilities:
- Parallel imaging: 18 parallel sessions
- Optimized imaging algorithms: top native speeds of the individual SSD and HDD drives and flash memory storage
- Hardware: server-grade motherboard and CPU; ECC RAM for data reliability
- Network: two 10-Gbit Ethernet ports for fast data transfer to servers
- Configurability: each of its 18 ports can be used as a source or a target thanks to individual Source/write-protection switches
This product design backs the capability of TaskForce to image at the cumulative speed of whooping 15+ TB/hour!
This speed is not theoretical and can be achieved if you use the right setup:
- imaging 3 SAS ports to 3 SAS ports (all SSD drives)
- imaging 3 SATA ports to 3 SATA ports (all SSD drives)
- imaging 2 USB ports to 2 USB ports (all SSD drives)
- imaging an NVMe drive plugged into the extension port to a network file
- imaging IDE port (with an IDE drive attached) to a network file
Make sure that you are using fast storage devices in great condition. Another potential performance bottleneck is network bandwidth. To achieve maximum throughput, connect ETH1 port to a network or NAS, and ETH2 port to another network or NAS. It will give you up to 20Gb/s of total throughput, depending on your network hardware and setup. To further optimize your network throughput, check the official TaskForce manual about Jumbo frames for fast imaging to server, Network setup, etc.
If you have all these covered, you can try this “at home” and achieve 15 TB/hour ;)
How TaskForce can transform your process
In the past 3 years, we have watched organizations transform their whole process around the new capabilities they received thanks to their TaskForce imagers. The innovative feature stack that we are constantly updating, allowed them to introduce this hardware imager into their automated workflows, image RAID arrays with unknown configurations, perform multiple zero-click imagings in express mode.
These and other fantastic features make TaskForce a beast of an imager that provides you with unprecedented flexibility and speed!