With each passing year, speed becomes a yet bigger issue for forensic specialists: while the capacity of hard drives grows exponentially, their speed does not keep up. A common 4TB drive’s speed constitutes up to 200 MB/s or 12 GB/min, which translates to more than 5 hours of imaging. And it may take prohibitive amounts of time to image a drive with damaged zones. Therefore, the ability to simultaneously run different operations on several devices is more vital than ever.
To provide users with greater productivity, Atola Insight Forensic’s high-capacity multi-core CPU supports up to 15 concurrent tasks, that can be assigned to different drives or image files.
You can start Imaging process from a Source drive to one or multiple Target drives and/or image files. Then you can click on the Plus icon and open another target drive to start another operation.
For example, you can launch Fill/Erase on this Target drive to get it ready for the next Imaging session:
It is also possible to Calculate Hash on yet another Target drive:
Other long-running operations you can perform simultaneously include:
- Automatic Checkup
- Verifying Segmented Hashes
- File Recovery
- Scripting (e.g. search files, files types, words, phrases or patterns, specific information type like email address, telephone, address, GPS coordinates etc.).
- Comparing data on drive with a pattern
- Media Scan
- Q&A about Atola imagers at GPEC and Forensics Europe Expo - June 30, 2022
- Video: TaskForce 2022.4 new functionality walkthrough - April 20, 2022
- When TaskForce’s integration into your automation solution is a game changer - March 16, 2022
Director of Marketing Yulia believes that with a product that is exceptionally good at solving tasks of forensic experts, marketing is about explaining its capabilities to the users and advocating on the users' behalf to ensure Atola keeps on adding value and raising the bar for the industry.