Today we have released Atola Insight Forensic 4.1.
Our main efforts were put on bug fixing to make Atola Insight Forensic more stable and reliable, and version 4.1 includes over 100 fixes and improvements. The most significant changes are addressed below.
Full Atola Insight Forensic 4.1 change log is available here: Atola Insight Changelog.
Imaging: new Metadata-only option
New Metadata-only imaging mode allows copying of absolutely minimum amount of data for file browsing to work, this allows for imaging of specific files.
Creating imaging sessions from File Recovery
It is now possible to create an imaging session that would include sectors of specific files. It works perfect together with the new ‘All sectors with metadata’ option in Imaging. So here’s the most quick scenario to image a pack of files:
- Start imaging with ‘All sectors with metadata’ selected.
- After imaging finishes, switch to target port and go to File Recovery.
- Find files you need to image and select them.
- Click ‘Image selected…’ button.
- Start new imaging session that copies data of the selected files.
- Re-visit File Recovery and see the files are 100% copied.
Automated sector analysis
Automated sector analysis was built in to Disk Editor and Imaging. When viewing sectors, known metadata is automatically parsed into a human-readable form.
Metadata types supported:
- Master boot record
- NTFS boot sector
- NTFS file record
- NTFS index
- HFS volume header
- HFS plus B tree header
- ext super block
- exFAT boot sector
- FAT32 boot sector
- FAT boot sector
Watch this screencast to see how you can analyse copied data right during Imaging:
Imaging settings can now be saved into custom presets. Export/import operations will be added in Insight v.4.2
How to order
You can order Atola Insight Forensic from us directly, or from a distributor near you:
- Atola TaskForce 2020.7.1 introduces RAID and connectivity features - October 1, 2020
- Forensic RAID rebuild in Atola TaskForce 2020.7 - July 30, 2020
- Q&A during the Interpol Digital Forensics Expert Group 2020 - June 19, 2020