Insight’s Case Management system records every step of data acquisition process saving them into reports grouped by cases.
To view the whole list of cases and their devices:
- Go to Case category in the top menu
- Click on Search/Open option
In the Search and Open Case window you will see the list of all the devices that have ever been connected and identified by your Insight.
It is possible to search for cases using multiple criteria and sort the results ascending or descending in any of the columns.
Please note that it is possible to store multiple devices under the same case number, allowing you to keep track of all devices related to a certain case.
Once a device is selected, you get a preview of the case including device details: when the case was created (i.e. the device was connected to the unit and identified by Insight for the first time), last time it was opened, the device model, serial number and description.
The case opens as a separate port in the Top Bar of the Insight window.
- The Story of Atola Insight hardware - July 13, 2021
- Imaging 3 sources with Insight’s new DiskSense 2 hardware unit - July 7, 2021
- Atola Insight Forensic gets new high-performance hardware! - July 5, 2021