So you have a Source evidence drive and its image on a different device, and you have a record that their hash values were identical in the past.
If you get a different hash value when you calculate the hash of the target now, it could be due to hardware failure, or because the device containing your image was used by a third party.
To understand how substantial these changes are, you will want to locate the sectors that have been modified.
- In the Disk Utilities category click Compare subcategory.
- Make sure that the whole range of sectors of the drive and radio button next to Device on DiskSense Target Port option is selected
- Click Compare button.
Atola Insight Forensic’s high-performance compare function will compare the source and the target and will help you identify and locate the modified sectors:
- XFS, RAID 10 and new imaging features. TaskForce 2021.8 is here! - September 8, 2021
- Imaging and hot plug of NVMe drives with DiskSense 2 - August 19, 2021
- The Story of Atola Insight hardware - July 13, 2021