Atola dev team continues to work at full speed, without regard to the inconvenience of remote cooperation or the uncertainty caused by the current events. And today we are excited to release TaskForce software update 2020.3 with segmented hashing!
If you have ever dealt with a damaged evidence device or seen your images get corrupt over time, you will appreciate the new segmented hashing functionality in Atola TaskForce.
By selecting Segmented hashing method in the imaging settings, along with an image you get a CSV file with hash values for the individual segments of the evidence drive.
Post-hashing option will also produce a table with segmented hashes for the image, which allows you to prove in court that the image has not been tampered with, even if the device got damaged or degraded.
To verify segmented hashes, we recommend using an open-sourced tool created by Atola: seghash on GitHub
Segmented hashes – an alternative to linear hashing. It helps when dealing with damaged drives and provides greater resiliency against data corruption.
- TaskForce browser-cached data was not always refreshed after firmware update
- Target files with long Chinese/Japanese names could not be created
- Few minor issues when imaging into E01 files
You can download the latest update here: TaskForce firmware
Where to buy
If you still do not have an Atola TaskForce and would like to place an order, this can be done directly via Atola Technology, or from a distributor near you:
Please contact Atola Technology sales department to receive more specific information:
- Call us: +1 888 540-2010, +1 416 833-3501 10am – 6pm ET
- Or email us
P.S. Dear customers, we appreciate your feedback and take it into consideration when updating our products. Please feel free to write your thoughts and ideas in the comments section below.
- XFS, RAID 10 and new imaging features. TaskForce 2021.8 is here! - September 8, 2021
- Imaging and hot plug of NVMe drives with DiskSense 2 - August 19, 2021
- The Story of Atola Insight hardware - July 13, 2021