The key feature of this release is imaging to segmented E01 files (to E01, E02, E03 and so forth).
For many forensic examiners, E01 segmentation makes sense for a more convenient way of storing data. Some back up the segmented images on BluRay drives, others want to avoid repeated attempts to copy large files to their server due to network failures.
E01 segmented images
When selecting E01 file as a target, you will notice a new Segment Size dropdown. Click it to switch from a single E01 file to a segmented image. The segment size can be equal to one of the popular defaults or customized by the user.
Segmented E01 can be created with or without compression.
- E01 segmented files (E01, E02, etc) supported
- Web API. New targetFile parameter allowing to customize target image file name
Auto-mount of VeraCrypt-encrypted Storage when its diagnostics completes
Few minor issues when doing case import from Storage
Cancel button was not working during case export
You can download the latest update here: TaskForce firmware
Where to buy
If you still do not have an Atola TaskForce and would like to place an order, this can be done directly via Atola Technology, or from a distributor near you:
Please contact Atola Technology sales department to receive more specific information:
- Call us: +1 888 540-2010, +1 416 833-3501 10am – 6pm ET
- Or email us
P.S. Dear customers, we appreciate your feedback and take it into consideration when updating our products. Please feel free to write your thoughts and ideas in the comments section below.
- Q&A team about Atola imagers at GPEC and Forensics Europe Expo - June 30, 2022
- Video: TaskForce 2022.4 new functionality walkthrough - April 20, 2022
- When TaskForce’s integration into your automation solution is a game changer - March 16, 2022
Director of Marketing Yulia believes that with a product that is exceptionally good at solving tasks of forensic experts, marketing is about explaining its capabilities to the users and advocating on the users' behalf to ensure Atola keeps on adding value and raising the bar for the industry.