Thunderbolt extension enables TaskForce to operate on all MacBooks with these interfaces: FireWire, Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt 3 (2016 – 2017 models).
There is no need to remove the SSD, Thunderbolt extension allows connecting the whole Apple laptop to TaskForce. Moreover, it is possible to work with all the recent MacBooks that have their SSDs soldered in.
The extension module comes with:
- Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (by Apple)
- Thunderbolt 2 to FireWire adapter (by Apple)
- FireWire cable (comes in white or black color)
Connecting MacBook to TaskForce unit
In the Enter MacBook serial pop-up window, enter the serial number located on the bottom side of the MacBook and click OK.
1. Connect MacBook to TaskForce unit with the help of Thunderbolt extension and the FireWire cable (NB Both MacBook and TaskForce have to be turned off).
Use adapters to connect to the MacBooks with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 interface.
2. Boot the MacBook in Target Disk Mode. To do that, start it up while holding down the T key. You should see a Firewire or Thunderbolt icon displayed on screen signifying that Target Disk Mode is detected and working.
3. Power on TaskForce and wait for the booting to be completed.
4. Open Device menu.
5. Click the device box in Extension section of the Device menu.
6. If this is the first time this MacBook is identified by TaskForce, you need to enter the serial number in the Enter MacBook serial pop-up window and click OK.
NB serial number located on the bottom side of the MacBook.
Now you can image and calculate hash and do it in
During the subsequent identifications of a MacBook connected to TaskForce, its serial number can be selected from the drop-down menu in the Enter MacBook serial pop-up window.
- Q&A about Atola imagers at GPEC and Forensics Europe Expo - June 30, 2022
- Video: TaskForce 2022.4 new functionality walkthrough - April 20, 2022
- When TaskForce’s integration into your automation solution is a game changer - March 16, 2022
Director of Marketing Yulia believes that with a product that is exceptionally good at solving tasks of forensic experts, marketing is about explaining its capabilities to the users and advocating on the users' behalf to ensure Atola keeps on adding value and raising the bar for the industry.