We have just released a software update for Atola Insight and it is available for immediate download.
More than 150 features and bug fixes were implemented in Atola Insight 3.2. We would like to introduce new key features right now.
Password recovery for modern Seagate and WD drives
We implemented smart internal algorithms for all modern WD drives. Automatic password removal for F3 Seagate HDDs is now supported.
Head map support for Seagates with physical sector size of 4K
Selective head-by-head imaging and diagnostics for all Seagate drives with 4KB physical sector size was added to Insight 3.2.
Transferring cases between PCs
With Insight 3.2, you can export entire case history and all reports for a certain hard drive into a single package file. Then this package file can be sent to a colleague in another location. After that he or she can easily import this file and continue working on the case.
Improved case search
“Open case” view became much more convenient for use:
- Instant case history view after case selection
- Added creation and last open date search conditions
- Totally revamped UI
Progress bar zoom in Imaging
Imaging in Insight 3.2 represents new features when you can see detailed sector intervals in progress bar via zoom-in action. Thusly, you can overlook non-imaged blocks of damaged drives and jump more precisely in the zoomed mode.
In the screenshot below you can see zoomed interval starting from sector 352,382,976 and ending with 360,771,584. All zoom mode shortcuts described in the shown tooltip.
Other major Atola Insight 3.2 changes
- DiskSense Ethernet now better handles short network outages
- Imaging: Added “Next Head” button to instantly skip to the next head
- Insight will now verify Target media for partitions and will output a warning if partitions are detected
- Disk identification timeout can now be specified via Preferences
- Password recovery can now reset a password temporarily, until a power cycle (nothing is written onto hard drive)
- Reports can now be exported into PDF, HTML, RTF formats
- When specifying sector ranges in Insight, abbreviations can now be used, i.e. 3M -> 3000000, 40K -> 40000
Full Atola Insight 3.2 change log is available here: Atola Insight Changelog.