TaskForce forensic hardware unit was designed to ensure maximum data transfer rates when imaging to a file on your server. Jumbo frames is a great help for that.
First, select to create an image file on the server, to which you will be imaging.
When you start to image to your server with Jumbo frame disabled, the data transfer speed will not exceed 500 MB/s. The actual speed will also depend on the configuration and current traffic in the network.
To boost the speed:
1. Pause the imaging session
2. Click the Service menu in the right corner of the top bar.
3. Click Settings
4. Enable Jumbo frames of the Ethernet port you are using and set MTU to 9000.
NB For fast imaging of files to your server via 10 Gigabit network, you need to activate Jumbo frames in the settings of the server’s network adapter as well as in the settings of the network switch, should it be necessary (10Gb switches normally have Jumbo frames activated by default).
Then you can return to your imaging session by clicking
- RAID 10 configuration autodetection and imaging - October 20, 2021
- XFS, RAID 10 and new imaging features. TaskForce 2021.8 is here! - September 8, 2021
- Imaging and hot plug of NVMe drives with DiskSense 2 - August 19, 2021