New version of TaskForce firmware introduces a couple of top-notch time-saving features.
Express mode. When the mode is activated, every imaging session starts automatically upon plugging source drive into TaskForce.
Head support. Disabling degraded and damaged heads to image good heads first.
We understand that forensic investigators work under tight deadlines and dealing with large amounts of data is time-consuming. We developed an innovative solution, which helps tackle the problem.
From now on you have the option of launching multiple imaging sessions automatically, without a single click!
When the Express mode is activated, the Image icon in the Task panel turns into Express one and both the top panel and the Express icon change their color to teal.
To make sure all drives are ready for self-launching imaging, we recommend starting with diagnostics of the source drives.
Once connected Source devices get diagnosed, TaskForce launches individual imaging sessions automatically.
In case a drive has issues or session was interrupted, TaskForce notifies you showing “User action required” message:
When user action is needed, TaskForce also displays the number of the required actions on the IP screen on the front panel of the unit.
With 2019.9 firmware update, TaskForce runs a thorough diagnostics of each head separately, providing you with a detailed report and recommendations on each particular case.
Trying to read sectors with a damaged head adds a lot of time to the process and can cause more damage to the hard drive. To avoid this and to optimize the imaging process, Atola team enhanced the head support. It allows to disable degraded/damaged heads and image good heads first.
TaskForce smartly prompts to disable a particular damaged or degraded head. Once the operator clicks yes, the system automatically disables the head. If the user clicks no the degraded head can still be disabled manually in the imaging settings.
After the damaged head is disabled, TaskForce images the areas that belong to the good heads first.
- Express mode – a self-launching imaging mode. Plugging a source drive into port automatically starts imaging process
- Imaging by selected heads. Support for most of Seagate, WD, Hitachi, Toshiba models
- Suggestion to disable damaged/degraded heads when starting the first imaging session
- Detection of degraded and damaged heads
- By-head speed graphs
- Showing SMART’s Power on Time in human-readable form
- Automounting of Storage drives
- Imaging into more than E01/Raw file on Storage
- Save report in the target folder option supported
- Showing available space and image files Storage drive contains
- Stricter check and confirmation request when someone attempts to wipe Storage
- Open file selection dialog after one clicks Storage in the device selection panel
- Ability to resume imaging session to compressed E01 located on Storage
- Drive identification is now 3-4 times faster when you open the device selection panel
- Support of damaged USB flash drives which are in read-only mode
- Improved recognition of vendor-specific SMART attributes
- It was impossible to resume imaging session after target device write error
- Errors when writing USB drives with a capacity above 2 TB
- SATA drive plugged into SAS port could get paused after source drive hung up
- Possible errors when imaging 4kN SAS drive to 4kN SATA drive
- Export of imaged sector list was failing when CSV file became larger than 5 MB
- Empty image file could be created when imaging fails to start
- Few corner-case issues when using reverse imaging passes
- File selection dialog was showing E01 image size instead of real file size
- Diagnostics. Last significant work time interval was not always correct
- False detection of DCO max address limitation in rare cases
Where to buy
If you still do not have an Atola TaskForce and would like to place an order, this can be done directly via Atola Technology, or from a distributor near you:
Please contact Atola Technology sales department to receive more specific information:
- Call us: +1 888 540-2010, +1 416 833-3501 10am – 6pm ET
- Or email us
P.S. Dear customers, we appreciate your feedback and take it into consideration when updating our products. Please feel free to write your thoughts and ideas in the comments section below.